Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ramblin' Election Day Blues


"The house is haunted!" yelled an old drunk, pointing at his head, pointing at the sky.
But we all just kept scurrying on by, off to work.
"He's right ya know." I half whisper to a little girl, whose riding a pony on the elavator.
She just smiled, humming her song and offered me a swig of root beer. "Well this is my floor!" she smiled. Handing me the bottle. The doors opened and she and the pony galloped out into a roaring hail of gunfire.
I turned away and the doors closed behind her. Quiet except for the sound of Kenny G sucking for eternity
I wonder if I should buy a new pair of shoes... I thought aloud, sipping the warm sweet sassparilla.
On the next floor a kitten got on and sat opposite of me and stared directly a foot or 2 above my head. "Well hello little kitten!" I chuckled - her little gaze was unbroken.
We reached the next floor and she padded out into a smartly furnished reception area.
The doors closed and I mumbled to Kenny G, "Wonder how she pushes the buttons..."
"Maybe she doesn't." said Kenny G.

No comments:

Weekly youtube GEM!

Sluggo + Alan Watts + old hawaiian music = Joy!