Friday, March 04, 2005

Slaming

I've started doing poetry slams - It seems important to me in some way for me to stand up in front of a bunch of people and try and talk about the shit we never talk about or the shit that we are all too cynical and cool or smart to talk about - you know love and death ect. I've only done a couple and I've gotten my ass kicked!!! I went to some Barnes and Noble to a poetry reading and it was 10 really old people sitting in a circle reading poems - The slam I go to is at a cool ass bar called Dada's you get on a mic in front of the whole bar (30-40 people maybe) and there are speakers for the folks sitting outside - needless to say I was pretty fucking nervous my first time - I guess I gotta memorize and maybe do that slam kinda rhyming rhythm thing - I dunno - I don't just wanna perform - I can do that - shit I've done that my whole life - I would like to do something real - I think maybe I'll do what they do only with my own stuff and then kick thier ass! hahaha then I'll take it apart and explore from there - ala Coltrane
anyway its about as much fun as a 30 something working class stiff can have on a tuesday night - basically its hard and I'm not that good at it - and thats good stuff for me I've found
keep on keeping on people!

1 comment:

Jade Bos said...

Why you dirty sneak! - I didn't know you had a good ol fashioned left wing pinkie commie fag blog - good! ahh if every day I could just have you read me the newspaper or your version of it! well at least I get this dandy little blog of yers

Weekly youtube GEM!

Sluggo + Alan Watts + old hawaiian music = Joy!