Saturday, December 23, 2006

Love in the butcher shop


God has sentenced us all to death – sentenced us to a lot of things actually.

I went to have a word with him once about all of it, but I didn’t find anything but a buncha weirdos and some paparazzi.

bumming a cigarette from a young photographer
I asked, “So have you ever seen him?”

“Oh sure, whispers the wide eyed kid, but you have to know where to look. You have to be sensitive. He can wear many disguises…”

“Does he ever dress up as a pony?” I smirked.

“Not that I’ve seen, but I think I’ve heard mention something about it once…” he trailed off, as did I.

I wondered off for a cup of hot black coffee, smiling about the idea of God and the Devil in a 2 man pony suit – clopping around, seemingly half lost on some arcaic battlefield, full of fragile fragile men.

Poor kid – first no santa – then no true love and now? Well, perhaps the idea of no God would just be to much for him to bear. So the mystical crystal dream of a shapeshifting deity will have to entertain. Until the sentence comes around.

I was kinda lucky in that all of my china was smashed up when I was young. And now, I don’t have to worry much about it. Now I only have to deal with other people giving me theirs. Filling up my empty old shelf.

Of course the door opens from time to time… as doors do. And God and the Devil put on the big bull suit... time for another heartbreaking silly waltz round the china shop.
Close calls and near falls – gasped hot delicate breath.
and sometimes all is lost – sometimes its just nicks and chips.

but the shopkeeper girl always refills the shelves – for barter or destruction.

Glass kittens – crystal buddhas – a little porcelain girl, that I’m so very found of.

No comments:

Weekly youtube GEM!

Sluggo + Alan Watts + old hawaiian music = Joy!