Friday, September 21, 2007

a chorus with no audience ie. "FUCK YEAH!!!


I was at the liquor store

Filling my cart for a surprise party

After fussing with 10 year bottles of this and that for a couple of lifetimes

I went to cash out

But there was no one

No one but an open door

I looked out the door

And there was an old man wandering off in the distance

He wore a flowing kimono and jingly jangly bells

“HEY ED!’ I yelled, ‘wha the who the fuck is minding the store!”

He turned and waved and then turned back to wanderin over some hill.

Hmmmm… well free booze I guess – but when I turned around to go back in

There was nothing but rolling black space and a lot of stars

“surprise!” said the cosmos, said the voice in my head.


3 comments:

me notyou said...

oh how you leave me in lust for the word.

me notyou said...

oh how you leave in lust for the word.

Anonymous said...

LoL, i LOVE IT :D.....and if you look down you can drink from that bottle in your hand and its never empty and every sip is as good as the first

Weekly youtube GEM!

Sluggo + Alan Watts + old hawaiian music = Joy!